Sunday, September 2, 2012

SOUND CARDS

The other day I purchased a copy of the Hunger Games on Blue Ray. I could not for the life of me get the sound to work correctly on my PC. I remembered having Sound issues years ago with DVD movies. The problem in the past had to do with 5.1,6.1 ect sound systems and DTS drivers. The solution back then was just to upgrade my whole computer sound system.

So I thought to myself does this apply in today world, well for me probably as I have just been using the on board sound that came with my Asus m/b ever since I burnt up my last sound card. The sound could have always been better but never me any real problems. Now that I am older and don't really play video games and less dependant on my PC for entertainment the solution was fine. Long past the day that I spent thousands of dollars every year keeping my Power of Tower god like.

So after doing some research, the bottom line is that sound has taken a major leap forward with 3-d sound and other features and my on board sound system just was not up to challenge. So I broke down and purchased a Sound Blaster Recon (the cheap version) it was about $100. I have to tell you guys that this card makes such a huge difference not only can I now watch my Blue ray's on my PC but everything else sounds 100 time better.

I am sure there are many of you out there that have just let your sound system go, but this is an upgrade worth doing, I love it to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment